Career OpportunitiesThink you'd be a good fit to join our team? Let us know!
We’re looking to fill the following positions:
On Call/Part-Time Massage Therapist
Are you a talented massage therapist looking for work? TARA Nurturing Therapy is a small, locally-owned company in beautiful Anacortes, Washington. We are looking for calm, compassionate, focused, and mature massage therapists interested in joining our team. We offer a friendly working environment, and we are committed to your professional development. Everything you need will be provided – linens, lotions, marketing and clients, so you can focus on giving the best personalized therapeutic massage possible!
Principle Duties of Massage Therapist:
- Greet guests & members in a professional, friendly manner. Designs a specific massage therapy plan based on the client’s needs after reviewing the client intake form with each guest.
- Obtain client’s informed consent for massage plan prior to beginning the massage therapy session.
- Perform 60 minute (up to 120 minute if capable) quality massage therapy session within their scope of training and utilizing draping protocols.
- Complete accurate and legible client intake notes.
- Create an excellent experience for guests & members through a present therapeutic touch and friendly attitude.
- Promote the health and wellness benefits of massage therapy specific to each client and recommend frequency of massage.
- Safeguard client information and confidentiality.
- Maintain a professional clean appearance of self and clinic by wearing clean and pressed business attire, following the table dressing & draping protocols and keeping the therapy room clean.
- Communicate with front desk staff and management.
- Responsible to renew massage therapy license as dictated by county/city/state regulation.
- Actively seek out continuing education to improve effectiveness.
- Responsible for ensuring he/she has an approved substitute if unable to make scheduled shift.
- Responsible for attending all scheduled shifts, being prompt to work and working entire shift.
- Build client base.
- Promote additional business through specials and promotions.
- Understand and uphold TARA Nurturing Massage Therapy Vision, values and promise.
- Understand and uphold TARA Nurturing Massage Therapy Service Essentials.
- Understand and uphold TARA Nurturing Massage Therapy Envy’s Code of Ethics.
- Quality 60, 90, and 120 minute massage therapy sessions
- Meeting customer needs through massage therapy session
- Assist in sales process by recommending frequency of massage therapy
- Assist in cleanliness of clinic
- Build client base
Job requirements of Massage Therapist:
- Must carry personal liability insurance
- Must adhere to local and state massage therapy licensing laws and regulations
- Must pass background check
- Completed a minimum of 500 hours of education
- Understand and believe in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork
- Customer service oriented and able to communicate effectively with clients, clinic management, fellow massage therapists and sales staff
- Able to work flexible days, night and weekend hours
- Knowledge of various modalities preferred